Friday, March 27, 2009

Birthday cards and scrap room remodel

I've been working hard at painting and reorganizing the scrap room this week. It's still no where near being done, but I'll give you a sneak peek. Here's the piles of stuff in my bedroom so I could paint.

Here's a peek at the color--Sweet Leaf. It sure looks a lot brighter on the walls than it does on paper--LOL! Hoping to get shelves put together this weekend and get a little more together. Still need to get and install the countertop to finish it off. The three cabinets on the end is where the counter will go with bookcases on either side. The cabinets in the middle of the room will go to the garage and laundry room in favor of open shelving from Ikea. You can see my scrap table is already a mess--I couldn't wait to create :)



I did play a little bit today. These are birthday cards for my cousins. One is month late (been bad about sending cards) and one is next week. I used Daydream papers and Cupcake Sprinkles stamps. I love the look of Liquid Applique with this stamp set.
And this is what the kids do while I'm creating. This is all the bedding and stuffed animals from their room thrown to the bottom of the stairs. Hey, it kept them busy, and they had to clean it up.

5 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Fun, fun! I love the cupcakes and yeah for painting! I'm hoping to paint my room soon too.

tannersmummy said...

Those cards are adorable and I love the color of your scrapbook room.

Deb said...

Fabulous cards, love the cupcakes! That looks exactly like my little ones, they do this regularly! Looking forward to seeing the end result in your craft room!
Have a great day, Debx

AmethystCat said...

love the cards and can't wait to see how the craft room gets finished. love the fort too! have fun!

Alley said...

How great you've created in the midst of remodeling. I can't wait to see the finsihed product.