Sunday, October 5, 2008

My hero...

Mike gets major points this weekend! Yesterday he found my camera charger--WOOHOO!!! Somehow, it ended up in one of the boxes still in our bedroom. I have no idea how it got in there. I have no idea if it was one of the kiddos or I had it on top of the dresser and it fell in or what--either way, I'm happy! I was so worried I was going to have to buy a new one. The leaves are changing and I did NOT want to miss taking fall shots. I'm a little bummed that I didn't have my camera for the trip to the zoo and park on Friday, but that's ok.


We've had such a nice weekend, even though the weather has been rainy. Yesterday, we met up with my parents and went to the home show. Didn't see much, but I did meet an Uppercase Living consultant, so I think I'm going to have a party soon. I have so many ideas for things I want to do with this house to make it home. Then the kiddos stayed the night at Grandma's, so Mike and I went to see Batman (finally!) and had a relaxing evening. Then this morning we actually got to sleep in and then go out to breakfast--what a luxury :)



Here's a couple cards I made for October's SOTM swap. I had a tough time with this set and these cards go in the "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again" category. I was trying to come up with a fun "bookmark" card, but it just wasn't working for me. I kept adding and changing, but couldn't get it to look the way I pictured it in my head.


I tried in chocolate.



I tried in black.



Finally, I gave up and started over. I like this card, even if it wasn't what I had in mind. I embossed the frame in black, and felt like it really made the card. I pop-dotted both frames for a 3-d look as well. I used Notebook papers and the October Stamp of the Month for all the cards.




I've been working on some Christmas cards, so I'll post those later. I'll try to get a pic of my new haircut too. I'm just doing the happy dance that I got my camera back :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

WELL DONE MIKE! I COULD NOT IMAGINE YOU LONNG WITHOUT A CAMERA IN YOUR HAND NIC! THAT MUST OF BEEN DRIVING YOU NUTS!LOVE THE NEW CARDS, LOVELY COLOURS.

AmethystCat said...

whew! so glad the charger was found. I like all the cards and the last one is super neat!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the hair!!!

I dyed mine red on a whim last week and it is already starting to fade. I guess I will dye it back to dark blonde soon (try to get close to my natural color) and then go get a trim so I can get rid of all the split ends.

Been missing you alot lately! Hope things are starting to go smoother with work and stuff. I will try to remember to set aside some time to call you this weekend if you are going to be around. Maybe you should e-mail me your new cell number.

Miss you bunches!
C

Sparkplug17 said...

Glad you found your charger! And hope you liked Batman. I love your cards too! I can't wait to see a new pic of you! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay Mike !!!! I know I get annoyed when my camera is on charge, let alone missing the charger!!!!

I think you did great with the cards, the colours are magic.

:) Marcia