Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Actually, my mom's birthday was a couple days ago, but this is the first chance I've had to post. We got a new computer--our first Mac, and it's been a little bit of a challenge to learn how to use it, and get everything moved over. The best news in that deal is that Mike surprised me with an iPad while we were in the Apple store. I never thought I could love a device this much! It's so quick for checking email and Facebook, plus music and movies. I know it's silly, but I already can't (ok don't want to) live without it!

Anyway, onto the card:
I used the bicycle from the Enjoy Life set. When my mom saw this set, she got excited because she used to have a bike just like it. After I gave it to her, she told me her bike had been teal, but in this case, it's pink to match the beautiful Sophia papers. I used Hollyhock and Pear for the stamping. I then used pink Stickles on the bike for the sparkly effect. I also used the You and Me stamp set for the swirls on the flowers and the journaling box. Happy Birthday came from the Happy Birthday set. I added Opaques, Pretty Pins, and White Daisy flowers (one is sponged with Blush) to complete the card. I love that I was able to take a neutral image (the bicycle) and make it so girly :)

No comments: