Wow--I can't believe I haven't posted for 5 days. Actually, I can--things have been crazy around here. We had family in town all weekend and Austin's birthday party on Saturday. I can't believe he's 6 already! Where does the time go?! On top of it, we've all been sick. Finally coming out of it, except for this horrible cough--ugh. My ribs feel all bruised from coughing.
Anyway, haven't done much creating. I want to finish up my goodies from the CTMH Regionals I went to, but haven't had a chance. This week doesn't look good either. I have a Valentine workshop tonight and tomorrow night, and basketball on Thursday night. SOmetime in there I have to do Valentines with Austin. Always something around here! Saturday I'm off to the Scrapbook Expo in Orange County with my cousin. We signed up for some fabuloous classes, so I can't wait. Busy, busy busy! If I don't post much, you'll know why.
One more thing, as many of you know, since moving to California almost 5 years ago, we have been praying for a chance to get back to the Northwest. We loved Idaho, but were told up front that positions with Mike's job there are few and far between (as in someone must retire to get an opening). With that in mind, we've focused on the Seattle area. Well Mike called me over a week ago to tell me that they opened up positions all over the country, including two in the Seattle area. I went online to look and called him back and said, "That's well and good, but you'd better be applying for the one in Boise, Idaho!" Yep, an opening there. We're putting in for it (as well as the two in Washington), and now we're waiting to find out. This would be a dream come true for us. As much as we will miss all of the family and friends here in California, this is what we really want. We love Boise, and more importantly, it's where my mom is. That would mean scrapping with my mom again, free babysitting, lots of grandma time for the kids, nice house in an area great for raising kids. Plus one of my brothers is there, my one sister is hoping to move back there in the next year and my other sister is in Portland, Oregon.
For this to happen, lots of things need to fall into place. We need to get the job first, and sell this house (the scariest part in this market, but I have faith in my realtor friend Angie--she's the best), find a new house up there. Plus, Mike will be taking a pay cut due to locality pay, so I may need to go back to work, at least part time. I did find out that even though my Idaho teaching credential expired, I can get a new one right away, which is good. All worth it, if we can make the move. So, long story short, if you could say a little prayer or think positive thoughts for us, I would really appreciate it. I just feel in my heart this is the right thing for us.