Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Well this is fun :-P

Last night I took the boys out for pizza (Mike was at a training) and as we were eating, I crunched on something hard. Well in the next moment, I realized it was my tooth. One of my back molars completely chipped--on pizza--aaack! Luckily, I wasn't in pain and I was able to get into the dentist today--a big THANK YOU to my friend Julie , who watched the boys for me!! Turns out I needed crown, but at this point, not a root canal. Three hours and $300+ later, we're all back home. What a crazy thing!

I haven't had much time to stamp, nor have I felt inspired the last couple days. However, here's a few cards I've made recently with my Sweet N Sassy stamps. I can't wait to get the farm set--that's next on my list :)

Thank yous from Austin's party--it was a month ago and I've made all of three cards. I may never get them done. The first one is My Mind's Eye papers. The second is retired Cocoa Cafe paper from CTMH.


This one uses Penguin Hugs--I just love this little guy. Papers are My Mind's Eye. When I used Stickles on him the ink bled a little, but he's still cute.


And this one is my favorite! I used Pond Pals stamps. Then I used my cuttlebug to emboss the background and brayered and sponged the background. These are fun bright colors that I rarely use; I don't know why. They're actually the colors from LAST WEEK'S color challenge on Marjorie's blog--better late than never :)
And because he's two (at least that's the only reason I can think of), Brendan decided that every shoe he could find needed to get moved into my scrap room. This is what I found next to my counter. Oh and he threw a few animals in there just for fun.

5 comments:

Marjorie said...

Ack! Sorry about your tooth! That had to of been no fun. Your cards are great though :D I love that penguin card, too cute! And the frog is absolutely adorable! Thanks for playing! And I hope your week goes better ^_~

AmethystCat said...

you poor thing! I'm in the middle of a bunch of dental work (3rd year of it!) so I feel your pain (literally and figuratively!). Glad you didn't have to have the root canal. Great job on the cards. I'm way behind on birthday thank yous too so perhaps we can motivate each other. Have a good relaxing evening!

Chris (catt871) said...

That is hilarious (the shoe pile, not your tooth!!!) Your penguin card is SOOO cute!!!! I have nominated you for the YOU MAKE MY DAY AWARD - check out my blog to get the little picture to add to your blog!!!! :)
Chris

Suzanne said...

Ouch about the tooth! Glad they were able to get you in quickly. The 2 cards with the little knights are so cute!

Donelda said...

I love all your cards, especailly the little knight!! My son would love him!! Thanks for sharing.