Saturday, January 22, 2011

Word for 2011--Gratitude




I know I'm a little late in posting this; I can't believe it's already January 22nd! I decided on my word way back in November. In November, I (and a whole lot of other people) posted a daily message of gratitude on Facebook. I loved the reflection it allowed and the positive feelings I had as I focused each day on the many blessings in my life. Too often, I tend to get fixated on the bad things that happen, and I found this simple exercise improved my outlook and attitude. I love the idea of spending a whole year focused on everything there is to be thankful for.

Some other goals for 2011:
Scrabooking part I. I'll start with the creative goals, since this is primarily a creative blog. I have had a hard time keeping up on scrapbooking lately. By the time I pull everything out, and figured out what I want to do, I'm too tired, or need to be moving on to something else. I've been able to make time for crafting in the form of cards (something I hope to continue this year), but not scrapping. Late last year, I came to see the value in digital scrapbooking through Close To My Heart's Studio J. I love how fast and easy it is, and how beautiful the layouts are. My goal is to do a big chunk of my scrapping this way. I'm not giving up paper scrapping (how could I?!), but my hope is that it will free up my time to take the time to scrap only those events I really want to and not feel like I'm 10 steps behind.


Scrapbooking part II--Project Life. I finally treated myself to a Project Life kit this year. I love the idea of scrapping the daily moments that make us who we are. I love the idea of daily journaling even more. Time moves so fast and I want to capture the every day before I forget what life was like with two young boys.


Scrapping part III. I'm trying to get my CTMH business going again with a monthly hostess club. This will help to make time for scrapping and stamping, and help pay for my supplies, so I don't have guilt over how much I spend :P


Giving back. I feel so blessed to have found Operation Write Home this year. I love that I can do something I love, making cards, and give back to our soldiers at the same time. With the 3 card parties we did this year, I made or donated supplies for over 400 cards! I'm hoping to continue to hold card parties and donate cards for this wonderful charity throughout the year!
This is a pic of the 250 from our last party before I shipped them out.
Regular posts on here. I did much better in 2010 with posting to my blog. I hope to get back up to 3-4 posts per week.
Be healthier. I want to continue to work on making our family as healthy as we can. Healthier meals, more exercise as a family, and we've been discussing having one "unplugged" day per week.
Be the best mom, wife, and teacher that I can be.
Be thankful for our blessings each and every day!

No comments: