Sunday, September 9, 2007

I know I haven't been around

We've been in and out of town for the last week. At the age of 83, my grandmother passed away. I've been blessed to have all four of my grandparents be a huge influence on my life and I will miss Grandma immensly. While her passing was so sad for our family, it did bring all of us--my cousins aunts, uncles, everyone together. We got to enjoy each other and reminice together about Grandma. The boys had fun playing with their cousins. We wanted the kids in the family (7 under the age of 7) to walk awy with good memories from the week, so we planned a beach party and pool party for everyone to get together. It was bittersweet, but wonderful to be together.

My mom found some wonderful pictures of Grandma and Grandpa from the 1950's that I can't wait to get copies of. They were so glamorous. I'm going to have fun scrapping those pictures. I'm hoping to create a family history scrapbook in the next few years. Something to pass on to future generations before all the stories are forgotten.

I heard a song that my friend Sarah( partyof5) sent to me today that sums up my feelings over the last week perfectly. It's "Don't Blink" by Kenny Chesney. I couldn't find it to add to my playlist yet, but you can watch the video on youtube--here's the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ySSg4QG8g

I am hoping to get caught up this week and post some projects I've recently finished and some pictures from the last week.

No comments: