Tuesday, October 2, 2007

How does my house get so messy so fast?!

I can understand things like laundry and dishes getting out of control fast, but how the heck does the whole house seem to fall apart in seconds? Today--spent most of the morning while Austin was at school cleaning their play room. Got most of it picked up and Austin comes home from school and they go in and dump a bunch of stuff out of the bins. Stuff I just picked up! So I tell them to help me. Almost got it clean again and while I'm cleaning, they've abandoned me to build a train track IN MY LIVING ROOM! The one room already cleaned. I get so tired of it.

It doesn't seem to matter whether I spend the day cleaning or creating/doing stuff for me--either way by the end of the day, the house is a mess. I sometimes wonder what is the point of cleaning?! Ok, enough of my rant! I was taking a much needed break. Now I'd better go get the playroom and hallway vacuumed before they are covered in toys again. Maybe, just maybe, they'll build a great enough track in the front room that they'll play with it all night and I can relax and get some fun stuff done (wishful thinking I know, but let me keep the dream a little longer).

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Well said. I also hate it when people stop by unexpectedly, I am never prepared. For that reason I have started parking in the garage, lol.

Anonymous said...

You have little boys--that is why ;). Seriously, I so know the feeling. I am still trying to figure out how to equally juggle cleaning and homeschooling. Not sure I'll ever master it, but hey, what is more important, right?

~Korin
www.inkydoodle.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel. Bryce says it's stupid that I pick the toys up every day. He says it's like shoveling snow in a snow storm and it really is. Why do we pick up at all?! I try to keep the house clean because if it's clean no one will come by. If it's dirty I'm sure to have a visitor. :)