Sunday, January 4, 2009

Last Day of Freedom

Oh the life of a teacher--tomorrow it's back to work. We've had such a nice break with all four of us off. That makes it even harder to go back. We've been catching up on movies and playing with all the new toys. Today, after over a month of searching, I finally got my hands on a Wii Fit, so that's been our fun for the day. I'm already feeling it, so I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow!



I wanted to share a couple things I've been working on. I attempted to make thank you cards for all my students who spoiled me with gifts, but gave up after about five. I can't do simple and quick, apparently. I went today and bought thank yous. I just knew I wasn't going to have time to make 20+ cards and still get everything I needed to done. Here's a couple of my completed cards. I used CTMH Caprice papers and Snow Friends stamps. You can't see in the pics, but I filled in the "snow" with Stickles.



For Christmas, I had photo calendars made at Costco for everyone. Well, I neglected to make one for myself, so I created this desk calendar over the last few days. I used CTMH's Display album, Moment in Time Stamp of the Month (calendar), Word Puzzle stamp sets and various paper packs. I love the way it turned out!
Now I can have beautiful reminders of my boys all day :)





Project 365:
Even though I couldn't get a kit since they were sold out by the time I could get the website to work, I still want to do this project. You can see all the info at Becky Higgins blog. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will make this kit available again. If not, I may just have to make my own. In the meantime, I'm thinking that this is exactly the kind of scrapbooking that I have time for :) Here's a couple of pictures from my list so far.





Making pizza--this was the activity Austin wanted to do for New Year's Eve.




My Peppermint hot cocoa--complete with candy cane (and of course, my favorite mug--anyone else still miss this show?!)





8 comments:

Tracy said...

Love the calendar AND your pictures! I'm also doing the 365 and didn't even attempt to order it! I figure the 12x12 divided page protectors from CTMH will work, at least I'm hoping they will! LOL

Kelly L said...

Oh, I love those snowmen images! I have a card here from my Secret Santa (Pia or PMR on SCS) that has those little cuties on it! Great photos of the boys and what a terrific calendar!! Hope you have an easy week for the new year! :) Kel (off to see this 365 kit sounds fun)

Unknown said...

LOVED READING YOUR POST NIC, THE PIZZA LOOKS LIKE GREAT FUN & ALL YOUR CREATIONS ARE JUST GORGEOUS!

Sparkplug17 said...

What a great calendar! I'm going to do the 365 with our 6 photo sheets...but I haven't tried putting it together yet, lol. I just started a new blog to put the pics on there so I don't lose them. And love the cards too!

Deb said...

fabulous calendar, looks like you had lots of fun, yes, I miss friends!
Happy New Year!

Stampin n da Hood said...

love, love, LOVE the desktop calendar!
I gave up the 365 before it started...!!

AmethystCat said...

cute calendar! and how fun to make pizza together! Hope your 2009 is starting off fabulously!

Chris (catt871) said...

what a great calendar!! I know what you mean about making thank you cards for students - I never do it either! As much as we'd like to...it's impossible!! LOL Hope the beginning of your year is going well!!
Chris