Saturday, August 1, 2009

DC Trip Thursday and Friday

Camera issues--ugh--it seems like no matter what I do, I bring the wrong camera or lens. For our trip to the monuments, I would have loved to have my Rebel, but only had the little one. Then of course, I forgot the cord, so no pics can be uploaded that I took with the Rebel the other trips. Then for the zoo, I should have brought my zoom lens, but didn't. Then I had my zoom lens on when we went to the museum, and couldn't take good pics because I was too close to everything. GO figure--LOL.

Apparently my camera issues have carried over to Blogger. Some of my pics are sideways, no matter how many times I've rotated the--yikes!

Thursday:
The boys and I walked to a park, saw Ice Age 3, and went to Barnes and Noble while waiting to change hotels. Checked in to our new hotel, and headed down to Union Station. The boys thought it was really neat. We took lots of pictures out front (again kicking myself that I didn't have my Rebel, but at least I can share them :)).
Then we went to a pizza place inside. The boys loved it because they got to make their own pizzas.


Friday:
We went to the Original Pancake House for breakfast. HUGE breakfasts. I sampled the chocolate chip coconut pancakes. Different, but tasty. Then we let the kiddos swim for a while. Always top on their list. Swim lessons have definitely paid off. Austin, who a month ago wouldn't let go of the wall because he was scared to death, can now swim across the shallow end. He's also very close to floating on his back.
Then we headed to the museum on MY list of things to do--The Museum of American History. We all loved it! The kids play area and the transportation exhibits were the favorites! Plus we got to see Kermit the Frog and Oscar the Grouch--fun! We were there for almost 4 hours, and the boys were little troopers.
We were so tired, we decided to stay in the room all evening. We watched Eagle Eye--good movie.
Tonight we're heading to what will be the highlight of the trip for me--the Paul McCartney concert. I am a HUGE Beatles fan, so this will be fabulous for me. My sis wants us there early and she'll give us the behind the scenes tour--so excited. More to post tonight or tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

How fun it is to hear about your trip. So much to see and do. So much history. And Paul McCartney, too. I'm green with envy. LOL.