Sunday, July 15, 2012

Relay For Life

Last night we participated in Relay For Life for the second year in a row.  It's such a beautiful event.  It's a chance to remember those who have lost their battle with cancer and to celebrate the survivors.  As those who are close to us know, our family has been hit hard in the last 15 years.  I've lost an uncle and three great uncles.  My brother was diagnosed at 24 and is a survivor.  My cousin was diagnosed a couple years ago and is living with Leukemia.  We've also had a number of people in our family who have had skin cancer remover.  As you might imagine, Cancer organizations get our full support.

I love being a part of Rely because you get to interact with the survivors and hear the stories of those who have battled this horrendous disease.  Even though there are always tears shed, it is an evening of celebration and heartwarming to see so many people come together for a good cause.  Plus, we always get my brother up here for a visit :)

Here are a few of my photos from the event.

My favorite!  My brother, Andy, with the boys.


My mom and Austin


Kait and Bren

 Backs of our team shirts

 Survivor Lap



 Inside the tent.  The boys stayed all night with buy mom and Andy.

Luminary bags--a couple of them.  I realized too late that we should have used thicker, darker markers  because they didn't show up very well in the dark.
 The memory lap lit only by candlelight (and a few stage and booth lights).

No comments: