Tuesday, August 21, 2012

First Day of School Labor of Love

I don't know what I was thinking.  As if I didn't have enough to do to prepare for the first day of school tomorrow.  Today I found a fun starter/ice breaker activity using Skittles.  Now I could have just handed out candy at the beginning of the activity, but I decided that I needed to make something cute to hold the Skittles and brighten their desks for the first day of school.  

I whipped out my Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge and cut these fun little bags.  The half circles were the inside of the handles.  Originally I also cut little tags to go on them with their names, but decided tying all those on would be too time intensive for tonight.  I just wrote their names on the bags.  In addition to these, everyone will get a bookmark and maybe a pencil (I have to see what I have when I get to school tomorrow.  

I'm hoping for a fabulous start to the school year tomorrow!  

At Albertsons on the way home tonight (when I stopped to pick up the Skittles), I saw this in the parking lot.  It made me smile, and of course started the jingle running through my head.  The only bummer was that by the time I picked up the boys and went back, it was gone :(  They did tell me they saw it driving down the road on the way back from the movies with Grandma.  



No comments: