Saturday, August 25, 2012

How can it be Back to School Already??

We started back to school this week, as you saw in my last post, and after the first three days, I am exhausted!!  Was it really only a three day week?  We did have a great start.  I'm loving both the 7th and 8th grade classes, and I think it's going to be a great year for me.  I can't believe this is my 5th year at the school.

Austin is in 5th grade, and it's kind of a shock.  I was on recess duty and he came over and gave me a hug.  I asked him what in the world he was doing out there and he looked at me funny and said he was at recess.  I didn't even think about him being out there with the middle schoolers this year.  Two more years and he'll be in my class--wow!  He likes his teachers this year.  He actually has 4 teachers this year.  Three of them are male, so I think that will be great for him and his class.  He's excited about all the field trips this year!

My baby is in 2nd grade this year.  It seems like he just started kindergarten.  He's definitely not a baby anymore.  He is loving school so far, although he wasn't happy that he had homework his second day and big brother didn't.  I told him not to worry, fifth graders have plenty of homework.  This year his class is buddy classes with my seventh grade class.  This means we walk to church with them, read with them, and have activities together throughout the year.  That should be fun.  He was so cute.  When I asked him if he had someone he wanted to be his buddy from my class, he pointed at me.  Awww...I'll cherish that knowing that someday that won't be the case.

It's scary how fast these boys are growing up.  Other teachers I work with are sending their kids off to high school and college this year.  Before I know that's going to be me.  I don't know if I'll ever be ready for that.  I love that they are getting so independent, but it still makes this mama sad!


We ended the week by going to the fair with Grandma and Papa.  We had fun, but it was crazy packed.  We ended up getting home at 12:30 am.  The boys went on several rides and there were lots of laughs.

Swings



  Scrambler





Getting a lift from Dad on the way out.  He was soooo tired!

No comments: