Monday, January 7, 2013

Snow Day (I Wish!!)

Unfortunately, all the snow came AFTER we got to school.  It was beautiful, but cold!  Of course, I had recess and parking lot duty.  I still can't feel my feet!

On the way to school--nothing.

By lunch--looking out from my classroom door.



My car as we left to head home.


I think it's time for a new ice scraper!  I couldn't even reach the middle of my windshield.  Luckily, another teacher was scraping his and saw my difficulties.  He loaned me his long one with a brush, and then told me I needed to upgrade from a California scraper to an Idaho one :)  Only 5 years back in Idaho, you'd think I'd have a better one.

Our normal 20 minute drive took 40.

Now the boys are outside playing--trying to build a snow fort.  I only have slippers on, though.  A photo of that will have to wait until they're done.


They say it's going to stop by midnight, so I doubt we'll have a day off tomorrow, but one can always dream.  After all, this was supposed to be mostly rain with "less than an inch of slushy accumulation."  Not even close.

No comments: