Monday, July 26, 2010

Monochromatic Card

I was inspired to create this card:


after seeing these cards on the Archivers blog.
I didn't have the Hero Arts papers or stamps, but I was able to create my own using Textured Cardstock and Treasured Life stamp set from Close To My Heart. Colors were Bubblegum and Watermelon--soon to be retired colors. I liked it, but I didn't have the energy to create a whole set.
I'm taking a class through the Boise Art Museum this week. It's focus is to utilize community partners in lesson planning and curriculum. Basically,we are traveling all over town to all the places that offer unique and engaging opportunities for the classroom. Today was all at the art museum and we worked on some really neat art projects. They were still drying, so I didn't get to bring them home and take pictures tonight. We played with texture, paper folding and using printing press techniques with paint and brayers. I can't wait to play around with some of these techniques with stamping :) I love that I'm learning things that I can use in the class room and my stamping life!

No comments: