Sunday, July 25, 2010

What's Cookin' H2H Challenge

I've been so busy that I missed the last couple challenges for the Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blog :( This week I wasn't sure if I was going to make it or not. The challenge was to use a recipe on a project. I've done several recipe swaps, a family recipe book, and a recipe box, so I wanted to do something different. At first, I was going to take pictures of our favorite daily treat--fruit smoothies. I never remembered to take pictures, and I really wanted to get this done last night. Then I remembered the recipe card my mom gave me: recipe for happiness. I love the recipe that includes helpful advice for anyone. I knew I wanted to scrapbook the card and the memory of receiving it.
The result is a fun layout using Splendor papers and my favorite little hedgehogs from the July Stamp of the Month Happy Forever. I also used my Cricut Cursive cartridge and an alphabet set from an old CTMH promotion (can't remember the name). I sponged the flowers with Moonstruck ink. I photocopied the original recipe card in my mom's handwriting to give it a personal touch.
A close up of the journaling:

2 comments:

Mary said...

Adorable layout! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely LOVE this! Thanks for playing along with H2H!