Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sparkle Creations Christmas Cards

I made a couple Christmas cards using Echo Park Wintertime papers and my new Sparkle Creations stamps. I fell in love with the paper after seeing a few cards using it out in the blogosphere. I had to get it. It was also an opportunity to play with my new stamps.

This first card isn't a Christmas stamp, but I thought Christmas when I fist saw Cruisin' Chloe. I wanted to put a small Christmas wreath on the front end of the car, but thought a snowflake better matched this paper. I love to get my boys with this stamp set. I whipped out this card and showed it to them, yelling, "red slug bug!!" They thought it was pretty funny.

This one is Elf Oliver. I had to get him because Elf is one of my favorite Christmas movies, and he was too cute to pass up. Plus I already have Surfing Oliver and Farmer Oliver. I used a little Liquid Applique for the trim on his clothing. As Buddy the Elf would say, "This isn't a costume. These are my clothes!"
For the sentiment on both cards, I used CTMH's Just for the Holidays. With such large main images, these little circles are perfect.
Now that I'm officially out on Christmas break, I'm hoping to squeeze in some creating time. Of course, this first week will also be filled with cleaning, baking, last minute shopping, getting caught up on grading, and play time with the boys. Busy, busy. No relaxing for this mama!

I hope everyone is enjoying this holiday season!

1 comment:

Sparkplug17 said...

These are just darling!