Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Been Busy, But I Have Lots to Share

Whew what a week! Friday, Mike came home from a week-long training, Saturday was his birthday, Sunday was Father's Day, and yesterday was my mom's birthday. I do have a few things to share.

First up are a few of the cards that I made today. I was so blessed with all the fabulous gifts I received from students at the end of the year. Now I need to send out around 35 thank yous. I'm trying to go for simple because a) I have to make so many, b) I don't want them all to be the same, c) I don't want them to be bulky and have to pay extra postage, and d) it will be a fun challenge to go easy on the embellishing. Simple can be hard for me. I don't like a lot of white space in my cards, even though I LOVE when I see others.
For these three cards, I used scraps from Twitterpated, the Twitterpated WOTG stamp set, Thank You stamps, and Card Chatter--Thank You stamps. The flower came from the Flower Pot set.
This year was Mike's 40th, so I wanted to do something special for him. The boys and I are celebrating 40 days of Daddy. Each day, we're giving him a gift, special treat, or fun outing. I started him a scrapbook to record everything. I used the Stardust paper pack and Stickease with a few stamp sets.
Title page:
Each of us shared what we love about Mike:
Day 1:
The boys wanted to get Daddy a Build a Bear. It was cute, they each got to put a heart in it and pick out an outfit.
I'll be back tomorrow with more cards to share. I think I've got 10 done so far.

1 comment:

Sparkplug17 said...

What darling projects!