Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Delight in Everything

I was reading Ali's blog and every year she chooses one word to live by for the year--brilliant! I had a tough time choosing my word. I finally settled on DELIGHT

Here's the definition

a high degree of pleasure or enjoyment; joy; rapture: She takes great delight in her job.
2.
something that gives great pleasure: The dance was a delight to see. –verb (used with object)
3.
to give great pleasure, satisfaction, or enjoyment to; please highly: The show delighted everyone. –verb (used without object)
4.
to have great pleasure; take pleasure (fol. by in or an infinitive): She delights in going for long walks in the country.


I want to focus on finding as much delight in my life in 2008 as I can. I want to stop and remind myself to delight in the little things: an afternoon at the park with the boys, creating a beautiful page, taking the perfect picture, spending time with my family. Too often I get caught up in what has to be done and miss little moments. As John Lennon said, "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."


Funny little side note, one of my favorite stamp sets this last year was "Delight in Everything" must have been on my mind. Here's some cards I made with it that pretty up my word :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WHAT A GROUP OF GROGEOUS CARDS YOU HAVE CREATED!LOVE THE PP!

Unknown said...

P.S YOU KNOW I MEANT GORGEOUS!...LOL...GROGEOUS CARDS...SOUNDS LIKE YOUR CARDS ARE DRUNK..LOL

Kathi Carlson said...

Delight in Everything was among my 2007 favorites, too. Your cards are great. I'm going to have to think on this word thing. "Delight" is a great word, although I think my word would have to be a little more serene. Hmm. . . serene . . .
Kathi C.