Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Santa, Knights and Geotrax fun

First, here's day 23's layout. I am loving getting all this scrapping down, but I'm glad I'm moving in on the final days of this challenge. I miss being able to have time to create cards and other projects without "having to get my pages done first". I do want to keep going though, but I think I'll keep up a layout a WEEK challenge going for the rest of the year. Today's layout is from 2006--it's still one of my absolute favorite pictures. It was a Christmas card last year and everyone commented on how great it was.





The papers are CTMH's now retired Traditional Holiday kit.




I did have time to play with my Sweet N' Sassy stamps finally. This is a mock up of Austin's birthday invites. Hopefully tomorrow I can sit down and make 20 more.


Closed

Open

His knight party is really proving to be a challenge. Everything is pirates and it's really hard to find knight stuff. I found a few things online and I'm making some of my own stuff. The cake is my last hurdle. I don't want to pay a fortune at a specialty bakery, nor do I have time (or know-how) to make my own. I talked to the lady at Albertson's and she was really helpful, but they don't have anything like that, except for Shrek. Not really what we are going for. She told me I can either take a picture and do a photo cake or find 3-d goodies and they can decorate around that. Not really what I wanted to hear. Oh the fun. On the positive side, Austin really wants to go to Medieval Times. Since it is so expensive, I told him that would be his birthday gift from us and he was fine with that, so yay!



Last for today--this is what Austin was doing while I was scrapping and Brendan was sleeping. He started building a track with his GeoTrax, but decided a sign would be more fun. This is a sign for "Soup $65" made out of track. Yes that is some expensive soup, but very creative :)


3 comments:

AmethystCat said...

what a cute sign! I love your santa pages and the second picture is a hoot! what a great memory!

Unknown said...

TOTALLY KNOW ABOUT "THOSE" KIND OF SANTA PHOTO'S ONE YEAR I ACTUALLY HAD TO SIT IN THE PHOTO AS MY DAUGHTER WAS SO UPSET!.I LOVE THAT PHOTO NOW!..I THINK YOU SHOULD HAVE A GO AT MAKING A CAKE FOR DS BIRTHDAY PARTY I DONT THINK A CAKE IN THE SHAPE OF A SHIELD WOULD BE TO HARD..JUST A THOUGHT.AWESOME INVITES BTW.

Zenny said...

GeoTrax is GREAT! I have bought several sets of Geo trax and just keep adding onto the original set. Children of all ages love it and the adults have a ball setting up different track arrangements. This toy will stay out all the time and will definitely be used. Fisher Price did a great job with design. Even the 2 year old can work the train.

Find great, low price GeoTrax Toys for your kids here: http://astore.amazon.com/geotrax-toys-20