Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cards, a fun surprise and another sleepy boy

I'm sorry, I never got back on here last night. We ended up going out to dinner and got home just in time to catch the last half of Idol and then Hell's Kitchen and then I went to bed. Funny story. The other day--Austin, my six year old, out of nowhere says,

"You know that bad name show?"

"Which show?"

In a whisper "Hell's Kitchen"

"Yes, what about it?"

"It's supposed to be cooking, but all they ever do is yell and say bad words!"
Very perceptive little boy. The week before he had asked why it kept beeping and covering their mouths. This is the first season we've watched the show, and usually the kids aren't paying much attention, but maybe more than I thought. Especially since Brendan's new favorite phrase is "SHUT IT DOWN!"
Anyway, back to the cards. Sadly, I'm still missing two cards, but here's the first two (I made several rejects I won't subject you to). I am teaching using "found objects". This first card I used one of the boys' toy cars for the background. I just inked it up and rolled it across the page.
A big thanks to my friend, Brandy, for loaning me the stamps. I didn't have anything that matched the dirt tracks I created.
This next card uses drywall tape (the white on the side). I will be making another where we actually ink the background using the drywall tape. The last card we do will use bubble wrap. Fun!
I was so excited to find this package in my mailbox from my secret sister Jane. Wowie is all I can say! So many fun things! I can't wait to play. Plus bunches of images I don't have. Thank you Jane, and yes, it was definitely worth waiting for :)
One final thought this morning. I took this picture of Brendan a couple days ago. He asked me to put on Curious George, then decided to play Wii instead, but five minutes later, I came out to him sleeping on the floor. Remote on one side and Wii controller on the other. Doesn't look comfortable to me, but it sure brings a smile to my face.
Ok, now I'm off to go finish cards and clean house, all while *trying* not to think about Mike's big conference call at 1:00. I can't believe I'm so stressed and nervous. Partly because what we've wanted for five years and I get so excited about it actually happening and partly because if it does, it means big changes to our life. Saying goodbye to friends, trying to get the house fixed up and ready to rent out (not selling in this market), actually packing up and moving, me finding a job, finding a house. I get stressed out just thinking about it. And if we don't get it, knowing that this might be our only attempt to get to Boise and how sad it would be. Trying to let it go and I know in my heart that whatever happens was meant to be and part of a bigger plan that we can't see. I'll be back later when I know more.

3 comments:

KellyS said...

It's amazing what they pick up when they want to. :) I love the idea of using cars to ink up dirt trails.. I will have to try and see if DH has some lying around somewhere.... Great pic of your boy, how adorable!

Unknown said...

BOTH YOUR NEW CARD CREATIONS ARE STUNNING,I TOTALLY LOVE THE DIRT BIKE ONE WITH THE TYRE TRACKS..WOW WHAT A FAB IDEA!
LOVE THE PIC OF SLEEPING BEAUTY ISNT IT FUNNY HOW QUICKLY THEY CAN FALL ASLEEP IN SUCH STRANGE POSITIONS,YOU NOW HAVE AN AWESOME PHOTO TO SCRAP!

Anonymous said...

He is too cute! Kindof hard to believe that he fell asleep in that position.

I'm totally rooting for ya so good luck with the Boise thing! And I love all of your cards!